Wow. Ok, so this is a big topic to cover on a little blog! I spend a good deal of time here talking about my Dad because he's the other half of Trinity Ridge Photography and because he's awesome. But some of you may not know that I have the world's greatest Mom, too!!! Trying to explain how much I love my mom is like trying to explain to a child how big God is. My words can't quite capture their intention. My mom is my best friend, my sounding board, my shoulder to cry on, my voice of reason, and my inspiration. I remember vividly when she was in SICU after her surgery to remove the majority of her stage 4 Ovarian cancer. It was about the 2nd or 3rd day of her being completely out, and she STILL had the breathing tube helping her breathe. We always knew that God was healing her and we did not doubt that he would defeat cancer for her and she would be well. However, on that 2nd or 3rd day I just broke down and had a crying sobbing fit. LOL It wasn't because she was sick, either. It was because it had been 3 days since I had been able to talk to her and I already had SO much to say! I MISSED her immensely. Before her cancer, I appreciated and loved my Mom, but now I am keenly aware of what an absolute GIFT every moment I have with her is. 2 years after a cancer that was supposed to kill her in week - she is cancer free - and she is a GIFT.
So, here are some random things I love about my Mom:
1. She has a dark sense of humor - it makes both of us weird - but is completely entertaining. :)
2. She is the best brainstormer I know - and has a great business mind.
3. She is an amazing cook - even though she can never make the same thing twice. ;)
4. She shares my intense love for chocolate!
5. She knows what unconditional love is - and she loves me that way.
6. She ALWAYS listens to me.
7. She has always put me first - even when she shouldn't have.
8. She likes bargain shopping with me!
9. She is completely wonderful and absolutely irreplaceable.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY MOM! I couldn't do it without you. :) Thank you so much for still pushing forward in this journey with me. You've made it such an amazing trip. You've brightened my world more than the Summer sun and I wholeheartedly ADORE you. Hope you enjoy listening to "our" song. :) You have saved me so many times and continue to save me nearly every single day.